Ecolibrium3: Creating an Equitable and Sustainable Future
Welcome to Ecolibrium3! We’re a nonprofit agency in Duluth, Minnesota. Our mission: to inspire and lead change in our community toward an equitable and sustainable future. Local energy matters to us–both the energy that we use to heat and light our homes and the energy that we can all bring to Duluth’s neighborhoods. Follow us on Facebook to find out what we’re up to!
Ecolibrium3 and Duluth’s Energy Future
Ecolibrium3’s flagship program has been the Duluth Energy Efficiency Program. We have worked with 902 households in the last three years, saving each an average of $689 per year on their energy bills. Ecolibrium3’s leadership in energy efficiency is nationally recognized. In the next two years, Ecolibrium3 will be expanding our role by coordinating Duluth’s entry into the Georgetown University Energy Prize Competition (GUEP). Click here to find out more about the Prize, or scroll down to sign up for GUEP updates!
Ecolibrium3 and River Neighborhood Revitalization
In 2013, Ecolibrium3 began work as the convening organization in Lincoln Park, focusing on neighborhood revitalization and citizen engagement. Our work has included creating an online neighborhood portal, OurLincolnPark.com, and planning community events such as the Our Lincoln Park celebration in May 2014. We are excited to keep on connecting residents to planning and projects in the neighborhood. In 2014, our work is expanding to include partnerships with other St. Louis River neighborhoods.
Calling all Duluthians!
Do you want to be involved in helping bring the $5 million Georgetown University Energy Prize home? There are a number of ways to be part of the Georgetown competition. Call us at 218-336-1038 for more information or send us a quick email using the form below. Here are some possibilities:
- Contact Ecolibrium3 to set up a home energy audit. This process will help you learn how to make your home more energy efficient, saving you money and helping Duluth at the same time.
- Complete the necessary home energy improvements.
- Volunteer with Ecolibrium3 to help elderly and low-income residents, people with disabilities, and veterans complete home energy improvements. We'll train you--it's a great way to make a difference!
- Help a community group you already belong to (such as a congregation, Scout troop, or club) plan and complete an energy project that is in line with your group's values and goals.
- Sign up to stay in the loop about solar energy.